Summer is almost here and that means our classes are held in warmer temperatures which can sometimes be uncomfortable for moms and our little ones. Here are some helpful tips to keep everyone nice and comfy during our FIT4MOM classes.
- Hot and Cold Gel packs: A frozen hot and cold gel pack wrapped in a dish towel makes a wonderful climate control backrest for your little one. It’s squishy so it is not uncomfortable to lean against and it will keep baby nice and cool without being too cold. You can find these at most pharmacies and stores like Target. They even come with their own comfort sleeve and cost about $4.
- Frozen water bottle: Fill a water bottle ¾ of the way and then freeze it while it is partially on its side. Make sure it is on an angle and that the cap end is not totally covered with water. Right before class, fill the remaining space with cold tap water. Your water will remain cold for the duration of class.
- Ice Towels: Wet a washcloth or dish towel, fold it and place it in the freezer. Before class, fill a ziplock with ice cubes and place your frozen towel inside. During class you can reach for your frozen towel as needed for a cool down, then simply place it back in the ziplock to keep it cold.
- Clip on fan: You can find a reasonably priced clip on fan to provide a breeze for your little one. They can be found at general purpose and hardware stores for as little as $5.00 or online for around $15.00.
- Misting Fan: Look for a hand-held misting fan to provide your baby with an occasional spritz of cool water. These can be found locally at Target and Academy Sports.
- Frozen Ice Pack: Keep a frozen ice pack in your diaper bag to keep treats cool during class.
- Chilly Pad: Chilly Pads by Frogg Toggs are made from a hyper-evaporative material that retains water while remaining dry to the touch. Simply wet it, wring it out and it’s super-cool. Get two: they can be used over your child in the stroller, and/or around your neck to keep you comfortable. Find Chilly Pads at sports stores and Bed Bath & Beyond.
Our weather policy: Class meets outside year around as long as the temperature falls between 40 and 99 degrees (evening class is 50 and 99), the wind speed does not exceed 14 mph, and in case of rain, as long as it is not severe weather. We update our Facebook page 1 hour prior to the start of class with weather related changes.